This hands-on training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware VSphere®, which consists of VMware
ESXi™, and VMware vCenter Server™. The course is based on ESXi™ 6.0 and vCenter™ Server 6.0.
Completion of the VMware training course satisfies
the prerequisite for taking the VMware™ Certified Professional 6 exam.
You will learn how to:
- Describe the key concepts of Mirage
- Recognize how Mirage fits into the VMware end-user computing vision
- Identify the main Mirage use classifications
- Define the function of each of the Mirage solution components
- Install, configure, and upgrade Mirage
- Identify the tasks for SSL configuration on a Mirage system
- Discuss the management functions available in the Mirage Management console
- Deploy Mirage to endpoints
- Explain the tasks for capturing and assigning base layers and application layers
- Describe methods for performing disaster recovery with Mirage
- Outline how to plan and perform a mass hardware migration with Mirage
- Recognize how the file portal is set up and used.
Total Hours 40 clock hours
Time required for completion: 1+ weeks (5 days)
Potential Certifications: VMware® Certified Professional 6
Prerequisite: MCSA Server 2012, CompTIA Network+, and equivalent work experience
Certification Exam: 1 VMware Certified Professional Exam
Summaries of Courses: