This specialist program provides comprehensive training in the areas of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Medical
Office Administration, Medical terminology, Medical Office Computers Applications, and Pharmacy Principles and
Our pharmacy technician training in Phoenix, AZ is ideal for the person with exceptional multi-tasking skills.This job includes assisting the
pharmacist in completing prescription orders and refills, inventory, stock shelves, assemble prescription packets for nurses to
give patients, answer phones, operate cash register, prepare insurance claim forms, maintain patient profiles and assisting
This Program is NOT approved for VA Benefits because it is only available in Mentor Learning Format.
Time required for completion: 6 months program/self paced/192 hours
Potential Certification: Certified Pharmacy Technician, Certified Medical Administrative Assistant, Microsoft office Specialist
Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
Certification Exams: CPhT, CMAA, and MOS
Summaries of Courses:
- 1011 - Medical Office Procedures and Administration: Learn procedures in a clinical setting, processing of confidential information relating to the patient’s demographics and medical information file, law & ethics, accuracy of source documents, bookkeeping and banking practices in the medical office
- 1013 - Microsoft Excel Levels 1, 2 and 3: Students will create, edit, enhance, and display information in
- worksheets and workbooks.
- Microsoft Word Levels 1, 2 and 3: Students will learn basic and advanced concepts to produce business documents
- 1014 - Human Anatomy Physiology and Medical Terminology: Learn the origin of medical terms including learning how to build, analyze, and define medical terms using word parts. Define medical terms for each body system and recognize common abbreviations used in each body system and specialty area
- 1017 - Pharmacy Technician Principles and Practices: This course trains you in medication order processing, inventories, compounding, packings, use of prescription balance, HIPAA privcy act and computers.