The Microsoft Business Certification is designed for individuals seeking Microsoft Office training
to enhance their careers and to become more valuable in the market place and small Business
Successful candidates will be eligible to sit for the Microsoft Office Specialist
certification exams and they will also receive training in QuickBooks Pro.
Total Hours 120 clock hours
Time required for completion: 4+ Weeks (15 days)
Potential Certifications: 6 Microsoft Office Specialist certifications, one
for each application and Quick Book Pro Certification.
Prerequisite: Student should take a Microsoft pre-test at microsoftlearning.com
Certification Exams: 6 Microsoft Certification exams, one for each application & Quick Books Pro
Summaries of Courses:
- Microsoft Excel Part 1, 2, and 3: Students will create, edit, enhance, and display information in worksheets and workbooks. Advanced lessons will involve Excel data and other applications (1 day, 8 clock hours each).
- Microsoft Word Part 1, 2, and 3: Students will learn basic and advanced concepts to produce business documents. Advanced lessons include creating, revising, managing long documents (1 day, 8 clock hours each)
- Microsoft Outlook Part 1 and 2: Students will learn how to compose and send email; schedule appointments and meetings; manage contacts; track, share, assign, and locate Outlook items (1 day, 8 clock hours each).
- Microsoft PowerPoint Part 1 and 2: Students will create electronic presentations. Advanced training includes enhancing presentations to create powerful means of communication (1 day, 8 clock hours each).
- Microsoft Access Part 1 and 2: Students will learn to create and modify databases; maintain data consistency and integrity; write queries; create and work with macros; and data security (2 days, 16 clock hours each for 3160 & 3161, 2 day each).
- Microsoft Project Part 1 and 2: Students will create and manage a project schedule using Microsoft®. They will manage and customize project plans during the implementation stage of a project. (1 day, 8 clock hours each)
- QuickBooks: is geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions