This Specialist program provides training in areas including Medical Office Procedures
and Administration, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Medical
Office Computer Applications, and Insurance Billing and Coding Essentials.
Program is NOT approved for VA Benefits because it is only available in Mentor
Time required for completion: 6 months program/self paced/ 192 hours
Potential Certifications: Certified Billing and Coding Specialist,
Certified Medical Administrative Assistant, amd Microsoft Office
Prerequisite: High School Diploma or GED
Certification Exams: CBCS, CMAA, and MOS
Summaries of Courses:
- 1011 - Medical Office Procedures and Administration: Learn procedures in a clinical setting, processing of confidential information relating to the patient’s demographics and medical information file, law & ethics, accuracy of source documents, bookkeeping and banking practices in the medical office
- 1012 - Automated Medical Office: This course introduces students to the Automated Medical Office, the means by which all patient demographics and financial information is entered and managed through final payment
- 1013 - Microsoft Excel Levels 1, 2 and 3: Students will create, edit, enhance, and display information in worksheets and workbooks . And
- Microsoft Word Levels 1, 2 and 3: Students will learn basic and advanced concepts to produce business documents
- 1014 - Human Anatomy Physiology and Medical Terminology: Learn the origin of medical terms including learning how to build, analyze, and define medical terms using word parts. Define medical terms for each body system and recognize common abbreviations used in each body system and specialty area
- 1015 - Insurance and Billing, and Coding Essentials: This course includes ICD9 & CPT coding, billing, and reimbursement process and understanding insurance companies.