The Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice (CCNA Voice) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to administer a
voice network. The Cisco CCNA Voice certification confirms that the required skill set for specialized job roles in voice technologies
such as voice technologies administrator, voice engineer, and voice manager. It validates skills in VoIP technologies such as IP PBX,
IP telephony, handset, call control, and voice-mail solutions.
The CCNA Voice certification assesses skills and knowledge related to
the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. It is typically employed by large organizations such as governments, large companies,
and colleges. Additionally, the CCNA Voice Certification assesses skills and knowledge related to the Cisco Call Manager Express
(CME) and Cisco Unity Express (CUE) solutions typically used by medium and small organizations such as companies with less than
2,000 employees, retail businesses, and small school districts.
Cisco Certified Network Professional Voice (CCNP Voice) validates
advance knowledge and skills required to integrate into underlying network architectures. Furthermore, this certification validates a
robust set of skills in implementing, operating, configuring, and troubleshooting a converged IP network.
With a CCNP Voice
certification, a network professional can create a collaboration solution that is transparent, scalable, and manageable. The CCNP
Voice focuses on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (formerly Unified Call Manager), quality of service (QoS), gateways,
gatekeepers, IP phones, voice applications, and utilities on Cisco routers and Cisco Catalyst switches. Additionally, the integration and
troubleshooting of Cisco Unified Communications applications are now covered in the CCNP Voice, specifically the Cisco Unity
Connection and Cisco Unified Presence applications.
Total Hours: 280 clock hours
Time required for completion: 7+ weeks (35 days)
Potential Certification: CICD, CIVND, CIPTV1, CIPTV2, CTCOLLAB, and CAPPS
Prerequisites: High school diploma/GED, CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching or any Cisco CCIE
Certification Exams: CICD, CIVND1, CIVND2, CIPTV1, CIPTV2, CTCOLLAB, and CAPPS
Summaries of Courses:
- Implementing Cisco Collaboration Devices (CICD) - 5 days, 40 clock hours
- Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Part 1 (CIVND1) - 5 days, 40 clock hours
- Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Part 2 (CIVND2) - 5 days, 40 clock hours
- Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video Part 1 (CIPTV1) - 5 days, 40 clock hours
- Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video Part 2 (CIPTV2) - 5 days, 40 clock hours
- Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony and Video (CTCOLLAB) - 5 days, 40 clock hours
- Implementing Cisco Collaboration Applications (CAPPS) - 5 days, 40 clock hours